The WHITE HOUSE is located on the main campus in Deering, NH, and is home of the original program. The White House offers 24 hour supervision in a non-institutional, community inclusive environment. Residents of this program should be independent in their mobility, able to navigate some stairs independently, and possess the ability to exit the building with minimal verbal cueing.
The White House provides:
- A structured, low stimulus environment for 8 residents;
- Socially based cognitive rehabilitation
- Assistance with ADL’s (activities of daily living), range of motion and community reentry skills;
- Skill building based upon a written rehabilitation plan, with definable goals and objectives;
- A home-like atmosphere coupled with modern life safety features such as central alarms, sprinklers and emergency exits.
The White House is staffed on a 24 hour basis, and is licensed by the State of New Hampshire as a Residential Treatment and Rehabilitation facility.
Residents of this program should be ambulatory, and typically are fairly independent with ADL’s. Being a community-inclusive program, residents of the White House are assisted by staff with banking, shopping, leisure activities and off-site therapeutic recreation such as pool therapy and horseback riding.
Our programs are designed to offer the resident maximum independence in the least restrictive environment. We also strive to promote choice and self-determination concepts, balanced with the mission of maintaining a rehabilitative environment.